Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Saturday, August 25, 2007

Week 5 Report





Bible
Memory scripture for the week: "You shall call His name Jesus for He will save people from their sins." Matthew 1:21
Camille has decided she wants to read her Children's Bible on her own, she has a bookmark and she is writing where she stops reading. She is up to Genesis 1:23 now. She asked me what "subdued" means after looking it up in her bible's dictionary, I told her to try her American Heritage Dictionary. She asked me to help her so I did, she is still learning how to use the dictionary.

Daily Memory Work
We started the Books of the Bible! Wooo Hoooo! Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy.

Horizons 2 Math
Last weekend I worked with Camille in memorizing her 3's to 36. I came up with a rhythm to say the numbers:
3, 6, 9
12, 15
18, 21, 24
27
30
33 and 36
She did well on her Test 2, only missing 1. Subtraction facts are giving her a little problem, at least in the drill department.

Handwriting, Grammar and Spelling
She is at the very end of Classically Cursive Book 1, when she's done, I'll provide dotted letters in cursive for her copywork and transition her to do doing it on her own. In Grammar, we discussed statements, exclamations, commands and questions. We went over all of our poems and she has finally accomplished "Mr. Nobody" - all four stanzas! In Spelling, regular work no test this week.

French
Hmm. I think if you look at yesterday's post you'll see what I'm doing. Look for pictures next week.

History
We focused so much on the first two sections of Chapter 4 with the Hagia Sophia, mosaics and Justinian/Theodora, we neglected Saint Nicholas. So we are reading aloud Saint Nicholas by Ann Tombert and Who in the World was Empress Theodora? We did a lot in history this week including creating a mosaic from a sample of the Hagia Sophia.

Science was neglected this week due to taking Thursday and Friday off. That's fine, we'll do it next week.

 

5 comments:

Cathy said...

I love looking at the work samples - nice work!

I tried to find The Bible song which is an aid to memorizing the books of the Bible, but could not find it on Youtube.

Have you used Youtube to find examples you need in your academics?

Cathy said...

I went to Youtube and typed in Hagia Sophia and found this video --- I learned something!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0QMyH5FwY7g

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!! Camille colors so nicely. My kids don't really like to color. I'm hoping drawing with History Scribe will be a bigger hit. We'll start learning the books of the Old Testament this week.
Our week 1 review is up on my blog.
Kristiana

my5wolfcubs said...

I came to say thank you for the extensive Latin list you left on my blog! I'm going to start with counting on Monday!

Love Camille's coloring this week! And memorizing Mr. Nobody -- what fun!

I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your French studies!

Lee

Amanda said...

It looks like you had a great week. I love looking at Camille's work, she has wonderful penminship. We are working on "Mr. Nobody" as well (almost done YEAH)