Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Wednesday, September 5, 2007

A "Bored" Box


This is my attempt to provide directed fun activities, that may not be the appropriate term but it is to provide activities for self-discovery (wink) during a child's free time. I give my children "free" time to play with each other but I didn't have anything else to fall back on when that didn't work. So, here it is, Camille's "Bored Box"- a collection of items we already have, ready to be played with!

We forgot to put Camille's Cat's Cradle in the picture because she didn't put it back in the box yesterday. We also have Moon Sand (I really dislike this stuff) that isn't pictured.

_________________________________

I am sick. My head is stuffed up, my chest hurts and I cannot concentrate. Camille did a little school until I begged for mercy. We are having a 24 hour mercy day off. I only went to the post office to get our Amazon order that came in. I am, after all- human. I can't think even to say anything about the items. It will have to wait.

 

11 comments:

Darcy @ m3b said...

Love the new look! Really has the look and feel of our history lessons and the great readings about who's who in ancient/medieval times. :)

Boredom box... great idea!

Sallie said...

The new header is great! Thanks for the idea! We have a shelf in the downstairs closet but a box under the sofa table would be great because it'd be right there for guests, too.

Karen S. said...

I implemented a similar idea a few years back. I took a circular cookie tin, filled it with slips of paper that had various activities written on it, and called it the "Boredom Tin."

Katrina said...

I really like your new header, though I had to do a double take at first to make sure I was at the right place! :)

my5wolfcubs said...

I had the exact same reaction as Katrina -- where am I? :) I like it though -- a reflection of what you're studying...

Sorry you're sick! Hope Nurse Camille and her able bodied assistant Danny take good care of you!

Lee

Anonymous said...

Hee hee. Like you, I always have the energy to go pick up an Amazon box. ;)

Michelle Waters said...

Feel better soon! I'm with you on the Moon Sand, this seems to be the "it" birthday gift and I can't for the life of me figure out how this stuff is even still on the market. It's honestly the worst stuff ever!

Lisa~ said...

Wow! Love the header! You have the knack babe!

Love the bored box! Such fun things inside.....

If I hear my kids say, “I’m bored" They get a cleaning box....*Ü* and they clean toilets.... baseboards! lol You are such a good mom!!!! *Ü*

AmyV said...

Hope you are feeling better today.

We had that moon sand too. My kids finally decided to get rid of it when I started making them clean up the mess!!! I think it's better to use it outside so that you can hose it away.

Anonymous said...

Eeuukk, moon sand. I made that mistake too :) Hope you are feeling better soon & able to enjoy your time alone with Camille!

Kathy D.
www.homeschoolblogger.com/myquiversfull

Staci Eastin said...

Your head looks great!

I'm sorry your sick. That's a miserable feeling. It's bad enough being sick, but knowing you've got other stuff to do - that's really hard!

But I'm like you - I can always marshal the strength to pick up an Amazon order!

Get well soon.