Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Year at a Glance: 2008-2009

Photobucket
Photobucket


We have 4 weeks of play time, I do not want to extend 40 weeks and I know things will happen during the year where we'll need to take time off. Another concern I have is whether each quarter should have one poem eliminated but that will be determined as we go through the weeks.

I did put dates on it but I suspect these will change as we go through the weeks as well. This is working very well for me, thank you Jennefer for the inspiration- it is a HUGE blessing!

 

2 comments:

Mrs. Edwards said...

We just finished TOG Year 3 (Classic)--you are going to love it! I have twin 2nd grade daughters, a kindergarten son, and a two-year-old son.

My kids grew up listening (since they were three) to Little House audio books, so you could say that they were waiting a lifetime to learn about trail days and pioneer times. The girls were starry eyed about Florence Nightingale and nursing while our son was ready to CHARGE with the Light Brigade! And I won't even get started on how much fun we had with Civil War times, Queen Victoria, and David Livingstone in Africa. (If you want a peek, see my blog.)

Happy planning! I can't wait for my Year 4 to arrive so I can work on my calendar. (I started one year before the redesign schedule.)

Thanks for your blog; it is fun to see what you are planning for third grade as I make my own third grade and first grade plans.

Rev. K.T. said...

A really fun learning game for the human body is "Spill Your Guts." I bought it at our teacher supply store for my kids to play with my husband who is studying medicine right now. The kids (7 and 9) really enjoyed learning about the organ systems with their daddy. My 7 year old still knows what "alveoli" are because Dad taught her to remember it sounds like ravioli!