Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Can Learning be FUN?

The top two yellow inflatable dice with black numbers are what I found in an education store before I saw Math for Kicks at ($4.99) Tuesday Morning. Math for Kicks includes the black dice, the red and yellow one with stars and the cards below, plus game instructions, and sidewalk chalk for playing outside.


I am so happy with Math for Kicks, we're having a lot of fun! What a lifesaver. We can use it for drill, play it just for fun- which both Danny (3) and Camille (7) are loving. Safetyville Child's Safety Game - I bought this from D.A.R.E. officers while visiting my parents. We also have the Safe Side DVD on Stranger Safety which has been a HUGE hit at our house. Camille and I played the Safetyville game and it is great, I can also play it with Danny with a preschool focus- added bonus!

There are three sets of questions Beginner (for ages 3-7), Intermediate (7-10) and Advanced (10-13). Preschoolers can also use the game to get familar with key places in their town such as the fire department, police department, etc.

Questions range from stranger safety, keeping secrets, safe practices in the home (chemicals, outdoor dangers, etc.)- it's very wide in it's range.

These are awesome! I just wanted to say...well-worth the $35.00. TeachersDiscovery.com


 

5 comments:

Lisa~ said...

Jessica,Welcome home!

My friend Tina plays something like this with her children. What a great way to learn math facts....

Hope to talk more soon... Lisa

Elaine said...

Those look like great games. I especially like the dice.

Teacher of One said...

Oh I have to find Math for Kicks for G! Because you keep me inspired... I am awarding you a "You Make Me Smile" award. Stop by Boys+ to snatch your badge.
Christie

david hayes said...

Those flash card remind me how bad I need to get back to studying French...

Tammy said...

OK...I'm on the hunt for the "Math for Kicks" game. That sounds like something right up Grace's alley!

~Tammy