Goals for the year:
1. Develop a better understanding of who God is and what the Bible says.
2. Encourage and Develop memorization: Memorize 34 scriptures
3. To discuss and facilitate ways to apply God's Word to our lives.
Curriculum to be used:
Beginnings II- Jesus My Shepherd : New Testament Lessons for Young Readers
by Explorer's Bible Study
Daily Activities: Average 30 minutes
1. Begin by reviewing memorized scriptures.
a. Review up to 10 scriptures daily, new scripture to be recited 3x2. Child to read aloud Bible Story, discuss any difficult words with Words to Know
b. Review older scriptures once a week in addition to new
c. I will read the scripture in French when it is introduced.
3. Complete Questions: orally or on paper
4. Repeat scripture to be memorized
5. Discuss how we can use this lesson to strengthen our walk with God.
6. End in prayer either from the lesson or from what we've learned.
7. Learn/sing a hymn once a week (not part of curriculum)
I typed up all the scriptures we would memorize and provided the same verse from a French Bible. We will attempt to memorize the easier ones.
4 In him was life, and that life was the light of men.
4 En lui résidait la vie, et cette vie était la lumière des hommes.
Luke 18:27 (what I would consider an easy scripture in French)
27Jesus replied, "What is impossible with men is possible with God."
27 Jésus leur répondit:
---Ce qui est impossible aux hommes est possible à Dieu.
*We will also be studying Church history in our history studies.