Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Friday, April 6, 2007

Marriage Meme

Crystal tagged me for this meme.

1. Where/How did you meet?
Ruby Tuesday's in a mall but we talked on the phone prior, blind date.

2. How long have you known each other?
6 years

3. How long after you met did you start dating?
Two weeks

4. How long did you date before you were engaged?
6 months

5. How long was your engagement?
6 months

6. How long have you been married?
This August will be five years

7. What is your anniversary?
August 30

8. How many people came to your wedding reception?
Hmm, I'd say about 40 people were there.

9. What kind of cake did you serve?
All I remember is buttercream frosting, I HAD to have buttercream frosting, I think it was white inside.

10. Where was your wedding?
United Methodist Church in SE Georgia

11. What did you serve for your meal?
Fruit, nuts, finger food, no meal.

12. How many people were in your bridal party?
8, three bridesmaids, three groomsmen, flower girl and ring bearer.

13. Are you still friends with them all?
No, they were comprised of family but one couple has since divorced so one of my bridesmaids is out of the picture.

14. Did your spouse cry during the ceremony?
No, I did.

15. Most special moment of your wedding day?
Getting ready with my daughter and soon to be mother in law and sisters in law.

16. Any funny moments?
I did the usual bride thing, I fell but I didn't flash anyone thankfully!

17. Any big disasters?
My daughter's father showed up right before we were cutting the cake and dh got very angry that he was there. He showed up in blue jeans to take custody during the reception, he was supposed to meet the in-laws an hour later after the reception to pick her up.

18. Where did you go on your honeymoon?
Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg Tennessee.

19. How long were you gone?
Four days at a wonderful bed and breakfast!

20. If you were to do your wedding over, what would you change?
I would have waited one more year before getting married, made sure my parents could have been there and had it outside.

21. What side of the bed do you sleep on?
Left, hugging the edge.

22. What size is your bed?
In the current parsonage, king.

23. Greatest strength as a couple?
We stick.

24. Greatest challenge as a couple?
Time, being unselfish with each other.

25. Who literally pays the bills?
He makes the moolah, I spend it- on bills! : )

26. What is your song?
Lonely Road of Faith by Kid Rock (of all people!)

27. What did you dance your first dance to?
At Last by Etta James

28. Describe your wedding dress:
Hmm, I don't know how to describe it! It was just one that fit, looked and cost right! It is gorgeous, but isn't all things that seem to be made for just for us?

I've to tag three people: Barb, Becky and Linda Fay!

 

1 comment:

Halfmoon Girl said...

Hi, I found you via Moms of Grace. I am in Canada, which has French as one of its official languages. Is your interest in French part of your heritage?