Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Thursday, April 19, 2007

Okay, I'm officially an adult now.

Today is my 30th birthday. No big deal really, just another day. I guess that's a part of being 30, birthdays just don't have the same pizazz they did when you were 10 years younger. I know I'm supposed to be freaking out about getting older, but other than wondering when I'll feel like an adult- I'm not.

Is there just a part of us that feels 17 forever? I have two human beings walking around that came out of my body, shouldn't that be enough to make me feel adult? Uh, no. In fact sometimes it makes me feel even younger, especially when making mud pies. Lol. I think I'll feel older when my children are older. Camille being 6 turning 7 is a pretty good reason to make me feel old, and the fact it has been 13 years since I was 17! Checking the math on that...yep, that's right.

I'm sorry I haven't been blogging lately. I have so much going on in "life" that I don't know what to write about here. Mother-in-law's pending departure has been such a blow to our lives and we've been doing a good bit of travelling to visit them. She just turned 60 yesterday, that's right her birthday is the 18th, mine is the 19th. In fact I saw the news about VTech at a Shoney's (while driving home) during lunch, I could barely eat. So many lives gone, for what reason? How many families devasted? How many rights are we going to lose because of this incident?

Want to read something funny? I thought I was being so clever and I ordered The Harp and Laurel Wreath from Amazon.fr. For three weeks while awaiting for it to get here, I thought we'd be able to use the English and French versions of the poems for memorization. Well, three weeks of waiting ended yesterday morning. I received my 2nd English copy of The Harp and Laurel Wreath that arrived from France. Yes. I bought the same exact book in France that I already had on the shelf. It is not in French. There's a little feature to Amazon.fr that says livre de anglais, which means- books in English. I didn't notice it in all my excitement to find The Harp and Laurel Wreath on Amazon.fr. At least I can laugh at myself. Lol.

Have a great day.

 

12 comments:

lindafay said...

Happy Birthday, Jessica! Thinking of you and your family today.

chanale said...

Happy birthday to you!! I felt "old" on my 30th birthday but once the actual day passed, I felt young again (my mind was tricking me).

Perhaps you could make your own French poetry book by printing out poems and putting them in a 3-ring binder? The only problem with getting them online would be that either there's no translation or a bad/mediocre translation since the original of anything written 100+ years ago is not under copyright but the translated words usually are. If you library system has bilingual French poetry anthologies, that may be your best bet.

Anonymous said...

Bonne anniversaire, Jessica! :)

Sandie said...

Happy Birthday! I hope this is just the start of a wonderful new decade of learning and adventure!

Christa said...

Since I don't speak a lick of French,

Feliz cumpleanos a ti!

Anonymous said...

Bonne Anniversaire! My mom is 30 years older than I am too, but not quite so close - Hers is Sept and mine is Nov. 30 is still quite young.

Christina

Anonymous said...

Happy Bday, Jessica! DKinTX (Denise)

Jennifer in MS said...

I hope you had a great birthday!

I've said (or asked) the same thing, "When will I feel like a grown-up?". Now that I'm going on 34, I all the sudden feel old. How does that happen?? :0)

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

I felt the same way through all my birthdays. After having kidney stones, I now feel old. I guess I felt like it was the beginning of health issues that you don't normally have until you are old! I had a friend who had her first kidney attack in college so I know it can affect the young, but it really did make me feel old! :)

Anyway, Happy Belated Birthday! I am keeping your family in my prayers!

Blessings, Eva

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday! I'm mid-30s now and 30 was the same for me as for you... and I *still* feel 17. I do have to say, though, that the last year or so I've had endless, wonderful "aha!" moments. Getting older is turning out to be very enlightening. :-)

Julie said...

Wow! 30! I remember feeling mostly relief when I turned 30, because I had just gotten married 6 months earlier. I was so glad to turn 30 and not be single anymore, that I didn't think of it as the big "3 - 0." Bonne Anniversaire, Jessica!
Julie

Pamela said...

I kinda thought that 30 was "adult" also. And then I always have that "always 17" feeling. But add to that feeling 67 sometimes. There are THREE people inside this body of mine!