Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Saturday, April 7, 2007

Crepes, Pears and Chicken oh la, la!

First, anything written or said in French sounds impressive for some reason but these recipes are quite simple!
On the right is Suprêmes de Volaille a Blanc (Chicken breasts poached in butter with wine and cream sauce) and on the left is Poires Au Gratin (Pears baked with wine and macaroons). We also had white whole grain rice and Carottes Etuvees au Beurre (Carrots braised in butter). The kids didn't have the pears but had Pineapple Sherbert.

CLICK ON THE COLORED TEXT FOR THE RECIPES! : )


This is Vanilla Crepes with Nutella, strawberries and bananas. I've never had breakfast crepes before and this was delicious! Unbelievably simple and our permanent replacement for pancakes and possibly even waffles! Nutella is a spread made from cocoa, hazelnuts, and skim milk and is apparently very popular throughout the world and was on the peanut butter shelf at the grocery store. Yummy!

Dh asked what we're having tonight and I told him Crab Cakes, he was disappointed! "I've had crab cakes, can't you make something else French?" He's eating this UP, literally! All the foods with the exception of a select few (like the Nutella above) is made from scratch, scroll down to look at my fridge! lol.


 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I HAVE to make these sometime (the crepes). Nutella is a constant on my shelf. A spoonful at just the right moment is so indulgent and satisfying!

They look fabulous Jessica!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks GREAT! I used to buy Nutella with bananas daily from a Crepe place when I lived in Greece. Can we get your crepe recipe? Looks tasty.
Annett

Christa said...

That all looks very tasty - especially the crepes. I love Nutella. :)

~Becky said...

That looks awesome!
My dh loves nutella, but I've never tried it, I should get some for the kids, they'd probably love it.
~Becky

ChicoryChick said...

These look great. I had never heard of Nutella until we went to France, 5 years ago. We bought some for my DB and tried it. It is really good. I was so glad when I saw they carried it in America.