Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Monday, April 21, 2008

I lost a book.

I don't lose books, I may misplace them for a while but I have scoured all our bookshelves and I cannot find our copy of The Amazing Air Balloon. I've looked everywhere and because I'm creating a care package for myself for after we move, I had to order the book so it'd be here in time. For some reason, losing this book has gotten underneath my skin. I think it's all the time I've spent recently organizing our books.

I even pulled all the Year 1 books from their storage tote and Year 2 that I've put in their tote. I have 4, 18-gal. totes, one for each year- Year 1, Year 2, Year 3, Year 4. Year 3 and 4 don't have many books other than books that I've picked up at Goodwill. I have bookshelves now dedicated to art, music, math literature, grammar, preschool, science (divided up into categories), Unit 3 of Year 2, and Unit 4 of Year 2 history. I SHOULD NOT HAVE A MISSING BOOK. Not I, no siree. I know that I will FIND this book while we're moving and I'll wonder how in the world the book ended up there. The last thing I want to do after we move is have a bad experience at the new library while I wait for 10 weeks for a title I LOST at home. So I reordered the book. Now when I first typed that I had a lot of adjectives for the noun book, lol.

My Care Package
What is it? It will include everything I'll need for the 4th quarter after we move, every subject laid out and ready to go. I would do this anyways but I'm doing it earlier than I planned because of the move. After we move, I do not want to have to plan out school or figure out much. I normally wouldn't worry about 4th quarter until our week break in-between but we'll be moving during that time. Yes, my plan is to take one week off still, just one week. For one week, I'll focus only on moving and we will be unpacked for the most part by the end of the week. We are that way.

Dh recently said that he's glad that I can't stand to live amongst boxes b/c it helps it feel like home. Here's the thing, we move in and we have people coming over constantly. Danny was 1 month old when we moved into this house. By the 3rd day of living here, we were unpacked completely with the exception of outside type stuff like sports equipment, etc. First to be unpacked is the bathroom and kitchen. It doesn't matter where things go at first b/c I will rearrrange it. The bedrooms are done after that, which we usually don't have to worry about. And truth be told, the bedrooms is happening at the same time the bathroom/kitchen is.

If I can move into a house with a 1 month old, sleep-deprived and overwhelmed, I can handle a physically-handicapped husband with two kids, a dog, two birds and homeschool stuff. It's the homeschool stuff that is the major difference of what we're moving. Lol. "It's all organized though," I told dh. "Well I hope so, I just don't know how we're going to load all those bookcases into the truck," he said. What he doesn't know is that I plan on taking apart these cheap Walmart bookcases for transport. There is more chance of damage if I don't take them apart. I just hope I can do it without damaging them. Unfortunately we won't have the money to buy nice, solid wood bookcases for a while unless I buy power tools and make them myself.

Ramble, ramble, ramble.

 

6 comments:

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

We've dismantled our cheap particle board bookshelves many times to move - at least 4 or 5.

Just be very, very careful when reassembling them. You might even put some duct tape on the sides of the piece with the screw hole, for support.

my5wolfcubs said...

I love your idea of a care package!
Lee
PS Did you find the book?? :)

Jessica said...

No, I haven't found it yet but I haven't started packing yet either. I went ahead and ordered it so it'll be here before we leave. I guess one book isn't too bad, huh?

:) Jessica

Andrea said...

One book lost isn't bad at all! Good thing you're organized - I would have lost my actual brain in this process! LOL!
Andrea

Chris said...

I hate losing books! I currently can't find a library book--to lose a book is one thing, but then to pay for it and still not have it? Blech!
Hope you find yours soon.
Thanks for the notebooking widget--I added it to my blog.
Chris in VA

Tracy said...

We are the same way...Military though. I have moved every 3/4 years my whole life! The House is set up in one day...2 at the most, down to the pictures on the walls! One time we moved in, unpacked and were out in the yard the next day planting flowers etc, but we had my families help that time. (Our neighbors thought we were weird!!!)

Anyway- happy moving!