Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The Year at a Glance

I contemplated doing this because I don't necessarily want to make our year so rigid that we have to stick to this schedule but Jennefer showed hers at her blog and I saw how this can be a tool instead of a noose.



I didn't include memory work or french because our lessons are incremental. The ideal is to be done at 40 weeks, which means I'll have to combine history weeks and be vigilant about our math lessons. This will help us keep the end in mind. Thank you Jennefer!

 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a good idea. It gives you the big picture at a glance. I think I might try this with our math. Great idea.

Kerri

Anonymous said...

What a neat idea! I'm starting my boys at home this fall, they will be in K4 and K5
Thanks for the idea! Another friend directed me here to see it!

Anonymous said...

Nice graphic, Jessica......tools like this assist us in keeping one eye on the big picture!

Maureen

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this; I did the same thing last spring, but neve in color (duh!). WOW! It is so much more fun in color, LOL! For me it provides a bit of accountability as well as well helping me to plan mid-year purchases and spread out the cost of homeschooling a bit. Love your blog! Its fun to see how another classical homeschooler does school.

Alane (mamato3 on WTM boards, tho' I lurk most often)

Anonymous said...

Thank you!! I just finished mine and what a wonderful tool! It will be a huge help this year so thank you so much for sharing!
Trish