Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Saturday, December 30, 2006

New Year's Resolutions

1. Be there.
I find there are times I get so wrapped up into being busy that I neglect to "be there" for my children. There are moments that are lost when I say, "yes, sweetie" without really looking and celebrating what my children have done. I want to be there and celebrate each victory and build-up when there's been a loss or failure. Nothing is more important. This is also for my dh, I tend to be too busy for him with the children and I want to make more of an effort to "be there" for him as well.

2. Read GOOD books to my children.
I've been thinking about this a lot lately and realizing that just because a book is visually appealing to a child, that doesn't make the message good. I knew this when I decided to homeschool classically but it takes time and reading a lot of reading lists and books about reading aloud before you get the hang of it. I'm not an extremist, I don't want to only read Christian books or only read long unabridged titles. I do however want our reading selections to reflect the virtues that we value.

3. Play as much as we can.
I don't want to lose sight of the fact my children are 6.5 and 2.5, this is sometimes hard when you're in charge of their education and discipline. I don't do it often because we dance, we play and we run but there are times I find myself wishing they were a little older. : ) I guess this is a part of Resolution #1.

4. Create a yearly scrapbook
I'm doing this though my blog and taking pictures of Camille's artwork. Once a week, I'll post pictures of Camille's work- her choice. This will be printed out at the end of the year and saved for her.

5. Remember ME
I tend to leave personal pleasures by the wayside for my family's preferences. I need to remember to paint my own nails every now and then. I just need to carve out a little pampering for myself from time to time.

 

No comments: