Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Monday, August 25, 2008

A thought about abortion

Lately whenever I see the issue about abortion being discussed, there is the hanging question in the air- when does life begin? I just have to say this and to no one in particular but just speak my mind.

Life begins at conception, when the egg is fertilized and it starts developing. THAT is the beginning of life. Which is why as to-be parents we are excited to find out that we are pregnant, even at the earliest stages of pregnancy when the risk is high for miscarriage. It is why we grieve when there is a miscarriage. It is why the child that is miscarried or stillborn is in its parents hearts for the rest of their parents lives. If all this, the excitement and the grieving is a part of our human make-up, how can abortion be anything but the taking of a life?

*I'm not allowing comments on this post, nor am I asking anyone to respond.