Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Thursday, May 29, 2008

Styling a bedroom


I get to pick out bedding for our new bedroom and this is my inspirational picture.
I want calming browns, blues and creams.

We won't have chairs, just dressers which I'll place white and blue flowers. The rug will be a little difficult to find at an affordable price but we may find one.





Okay, here's my idea.

Chocolate brown coverlet with two shams. Two solid blue pillows. One to three throw pillows, who likes to move these at night? In between the blue sheets and chocolate coverlet, put the ecru blanket and have an ecru bed skirt with no detail. Since we have beige walls, put simple blue pleated panels (only blue or only ecru) on the two windows but pushed to the sides to see the window.

I have three diamond metal tin panels that I will place above the bed unless I find something better.
It sounds nice.


 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

These ideas are beautiful. Our bedroom is very similar. It's all blue and brown with gold tones as well.. it's very calming and a great oasis. I hope to see pictures when it is finished. Isn't it nice to use your creativity in the home? Have fun!

CookieMonster said...

Gorgeous! Enjoy.

*trying not to be wildly envious :)*

my5wolfcubs said...

*I share a cookie with cookiemonster in an attempt to not be wildly envious*

I think the pictures and your description sound beautiful. My walls are blank, my windows have only white mini blinds, my dresser is empty (when it doesn't have a pile of books!)...I do like my comforter though, and someday I'll decorate around it...

Can't wait to see pictures!!
Lee

Anonymous said...

One place to look for a good bargain on a large rug is Home Decorator's Outlet. They have incredible sales several times a year, and their wool rugs are high quality--thick and lush. :)

Your plan looks great! Hope it comes together like you want!

-Mamabegood