Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Saturday, October 13, 2007

She's gone, he's gone.

My MIL passed away this week, her battle with cancer over. The funeral was today and she would have been happy with the service. I have a lot of different emotions about this right now so I can't really talk about it.

When we returned to the house from the funeral, we found that our dog Magnum had passed too while we were gone. I brought him with us (to Dh's parents house) instead of finding someone to take care of him or putting him in the kennel.

On a lighter note, we did do school this week although I don't have pictures to share because I didn't bring my camera. We read about the Franks and Clovis, created a few volcanoes and did what we needed to in math and reading. The kids and I are going home Monday and hopefully we can transition back into a routine. We're just in a sad season right now.

 

15 comments:

my5wolfcubs said...

Oh, Jessica, what a sad, sad time for you, dh & the kids. A verse for all of you:
The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit. Psalm 34:18
((hug))
Your friend,
Lee

Amanda said...

jessica,

We are praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

I am so sorry for your family's losses.

Lynn

Betsy said...

I pray that the Lord gives you and your family extra strength to get through this hard time. Your poor kiddos must be having a very hard time with losing 2 loves.

Anonymous said...

My condolences for both your losses...

z said...

Oh girl - hugs to you and your family. I will be praying for you all. It's so strange how school can be so grounding and settling for us as home school families. I know it's hard for you right now - we're all here for you!

Anonymous said...

Jessica - I'm sorry for your losses. :( What a blow - my thoughts are with you.

Robin M said...

Jessica,

You and your family are in our heart and our prayers. Our condolences.

Robin in CA

Mand said...

I am so very sorry- prayers are being said for you all xxxxxxxxx

Anna said...

I am so sorry for your loss.
Anna

Anonymous said...

Praying that God will be your comforter during this time of need.

Blessings!

Sandi said...

I am so sorry Jessica about your MIL and your dog too.

Tammy said...

Jessica,

I'm so sorry for your losses. I know it must be an incredibly trying time for you & your family, but please know that you are not alone. Keeping you in my thoughts.

~Tammy

Laura said...

Jessica-

I am so sorry. Prayers continue for you and your family.

Blessings!

Kendra Fletcher said...

Wow, Jessica. I'm so sorry to hear of both losses for you. I'll be praying for you tonight.

~Kendra