I've been entertaining the idea of reading higher level books than what we're studying at Camille's 3rd grade level. I just checked out The Plant Hunters by Toby Musgrave and it is an interesting read so I want to devise a reading plan for myself this year that will mirror Camille's studies. Whether or not I accomplish the challenge I'm setting for myself will remain to be seen. I don't want to set lofty goals or start out with a huge grand plan for the year so for this quarter, this is what I'll attempt:
Teaching the Classics, I will watch one night a week.
1. Streams of Civilization 2, following the schedule in TOG Year 3
- keep a history notebook
in which I will answer questions presented in Streams 2 and a growing vocabulary list (too much work at this stage for the questions, I hope to build up to it)
2. To read these books as scheduled in TOG Year 3 Dialectic and Rhetoric
- Presenting Miss Jane Austen
- The Brothers Grimm: Two Lives, One Legacy
- Our Living Constitution
- A book on William Wilberforce
- Simón Bolivar: South American Liberator
- Adoniram Judson: Bound for Burma
- Swiss Family Robinson
A. Human Body
1. Microbe Hunters by Paul de Kruif (as suggested by Ambleside Years 9-11)
2. Wonders of God's Creation: Human Life—Crown of Creation DVD
3. (Optional) Work through Prentice Hall Science Explorer- Human Biology and Health
I have all of these resources, Microbe Hunters is on its way from a fellow BookMoocher, the only resources I don't have are the Dialectic level books for history but I'll check those out from the library.
I may drop something if I find I've bit off more than I can chew. Lol.