Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's Tuesday, or is it Monday?

My dh had back surgery yesterday, he is fine and will be coming home today from the hospital. My FIL is here. So do we have lessons or let them go? In trying to make sure we're prepared for dh's surgery, I didn't have time to prepare like I would usually do for a week of lessons. I think it's going to be a super light week with reading, writing, math and science.

I think I'll take some time this week to think more about science. I'm a structured person but I don't feel like I've found my balance quite yet. I still lean towards more structured studies- a part of me just wants to read, learn and have fun while the other part wants notebooking pages, a plan to follow and reassurance that I'm providing the meat of the academics. It's more of a personality thing for me than anything else which is preventing me from being able to solidify any plans.

 

7 comments:

laura {who planned this} said...

I am the same way - a little bit "task master" and a little bit "loosey goose". LOL!

Glad to hear that your dh is doing well!

Anonymous said...

I will be starting to homeschool my son next year. I feel comfortable about every subject except for science. I want a structured format but son has learned so much from TV and books. So, much so I have no clue as to what grade he is in for science. So, your not alone.

Anonymous said...

When hubbys home...we take off school. The kids get too distracted. I like my schedules written out, but then I let myself be flexible to them.

BloggyMom said...

I understand completely. When life get turned upside down it is hard to stay focused. We just got back from a weekend trip and the following days were kinda crazy.. we just kept tying to stay focused but allowed for a bit of tiredness and for schedules to be off a bit.

Love your science "stuff". My son loves science!!

~~Lee~~ said...

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! Hope the surgery recovery is going well and you're getting lots of time to think about science!
Lee

Mom2legomaniacs said...

Jessica,

I hope the recovery goes well for your dh. And I hope the visitor will be helpful for him as well!

Good luck!
melissa

duchess said...

Hi. I just happen to stumble upon your blog while surfing. It is wonderful. I'm on the fence about homeschooling our children (currently 4th & 1st in public schools). I'm worried that a. I won't be any good at it; b. I'll get tired of them being home & bickering all day & c. my son loves athletics & won't have any teams to play on after 6th grade.

Any advice you could give would be greatly appreciated & I would love your opinion on curriculum.

Thanks & have a great week - hope the DH is feeling better soon.