Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Saturday, May 26, 2007

My Coveted Teacher Book

I know I've shared before about how I was going to create my own "teacher book" but I am very pleased with the outcome of so much preparation! I just want to share it! This is in the order in my book...


I. Inspiring Thoughts (see post before)

II. Memorization guide for all subjects for the year

III. Calendar insert July 2007 - January 2009 (bought at WalMart)

IV. Attendance and Declaration of Intent storage in page protectors

V. Bible - memorization scriptures and answer key to curriculum

VI. Classical Music lesson plans with supplemental reading lists

VII. History- customized lesson plans with copywork

VIII. Science - customized lesson plans with supplemental reading lists

IX. Art- Harmony Fine Arts Grade 2 lessons plans

X. History (again, I know) Veritas History Song lyrics and SOTW 2 Activity Book
Some of it is repeated but this is homeschool in a 3" binder ready to take with us anywhere. We'll be able to review anything no matter where we are, which is a BEAUTIFUL thing. I'm feeling good (James Brown song insert here). Now to reorganize the school room with next years' books and finish getting notebooks ready...

UPDATE 2/2008: This has worked VERY well for me this year, each year I feel the book will be filled with different items as it should to reflect our growing along our journey. The teacher book should be a tool to aid me along throughout the year and it has accomplished the goal so far this year.

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's awesome! I think organization is definitely a virtue! ;)

Anonymous said...

That looks great. You've motivated me to make one too!
Stacy

Anonymous said...

I have a fairly thick "Mom's Notebook" too. I created it about 5 years ago and just refill it with the necessary stuff each year.

My current notebook contains what I need for two upcoming 8th graders and a soon to be 9th grader....I'm just finishing it up:

1. Scope and Sequence plans for 7th-12 grade (adjusted with modifications annually!)

2. Individual courses have a syllabus checklist noting graded assignments due.

3. Lab assignments and lab supplies needed.

4. School year calendar

5. Reading lists/ reading logs

6. Answer keys

7. Vision statement is on the back outer cover.

The individual course lesson plans are kept in separate binders due to their size.

I've always put my Mom's Notebook together in the summer, a time of renewal and refreshment, so that when I'm in the midst of stress or lack mid-year momentum, I have a mapped course in front of me.

I like the idea that you included your Inspiring Thoughts....I had a section like that when I first started homeschooling. Now I keep a Commonplace Book. But keeping some handy in my Mom's Book might be very helpful some days!

I couldn't function without my "Mom's Notebook" because it has everything I need at my fingertips.

Anonymous said...

I love your Teacher's Book! In the past I've tried to create such a thing, but never end up getting it finished, or to where I could just grab & go. You've given me some motivation... I just may get myself together this summer. 3 more weeks (I'm taking college courses) and I'll have my time back, and be able to focus on more than just final projects and my 7th grader's math. :) Thanks for posting it!

Jennifer said...

I love this! I started putting together something like this a while back, and have been refining it ever since. You have given me some great ideas for finishing it! (Not to mention motivation...thanks!!)

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
I had to sign in on a different computer to "see" this!
Wow...fantastic. I'm beginning to work through next year's in my mind but don't have anything on paper. I'm going to be a copycat and steal some of your ideas.

Thank you again for sharing,
Blessings and friendship,
Linda

Brenda Marie Hoffman said...

It sounds as though you're keeping yourself busy. I'm envious of how organized you are.

Brenda Marie
http://www.livin-smart.net
http://www.livin-smart.com

Anonymous said...

Jessica,
Hope all is well.
Stacy