Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Friday, May 22, 2009

It had to be done.

I just updated my 2009 goal list and lo and behold, I changed the post and backslid! I had to get a new computer, after assessing the computer I have, it doesn't meet the minimum requirements of my college. Something about running PC programs on a 2004 Mac just won't work and Microsoft Word is required. Sigh. I created new debt. (Whispering-Sorry Dave!)

When I told my mother of my disappointment (one- being having to use a PC over a Mac, two- acquiring new debt) she laughed and said, "You'll be in debt anyways with the student loans!" Bigger SIGH. Technically I don't have a student loan yet but it looks like it will be a necessary evil.

The length of time until I shout 'I'm Debt-Free!' just became a little longer, esp. with student loans on the horizon. Optimal situation is to pay off all the consumer debt and then pay off the student loans BEFORE graduation.

It'll work out. I have faith.


Photobucket

 

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm cringing more at going to back to a PC than taking on more debt! I refuse to go back...

I believe even Dave would understand this purchase. Don't beat yourself up too much over it. It is a means to a better end!

Anonymous said...

Jessica,

Best to you and your children in your new life. It seems like you are planning well.

Keep in mind that student loans have low interest rates and generally don't kick in until after you graduate so that you don't need to start paying them off until you are done with school. That's so you don't have to worry about them while in school. So don't worry too much. Debt is sometimes worth undertaking to get to where you want to be later on.

Best to you again.

Maria

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Don't treat school loans like debt. Treat them like a gift to yourself that you end up having to pay back. Seriously... it will give you so much more freedom to find a good job with college under your belt. Hug yourself, and let your inner Dave know that you are worth it. (I don't even work, and I don't regret that $15K for a second!)

Val

Anonymous said...

I have Word for Mac on my new Macbook... they make it for both. Don't switch to a PC!

Deasi Pedersen said...

Homeschool from Indonesia here, love to read ur blogs, keep my spirit up while homeschooling 2 boys, under 9, a toddler and baby on the way. Good Luck for you :-)