Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Thursday, May 21, 2009

2009 Goals

Updating what I wrote at the beginning of the year, again.

Educationally

1. Start college for Summer 2009 session, working towards a Bachelor's in Business Administration.
Status: Done, enrolled at Florida Institute of Technology for Summer 2 Term!

2. Study college level math to help with placement test. Life of Fred?
In the process of doing...

Personally
1. Reduce, reuse and recycle! Declutter our home and be ruthless about what to keep, sell or donate.
(Done but still in progress)

2. Pay off my personal debt by December 2009 via The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey- no new debt!
On track, two bills paid off, one to go!

3. Take time off, from everything at least every two weeks if unable to do it weekly.
Still working on this, just switched jobs and have taken two weeks in between jobs to spend quality time with the kids.

4. Exercise for good health. Joined a gym and going every week.
5. Eat better, smaller portions. Done, only eating minimal bread which has helped.

Professionally
1. Train for higher positions but maintain a healthy viewpoint of my current position.
2. Work on calming my body while in confrontations. My face turns red even though I'm not mentally stressed and I have my composure.

 

7 comments:

my5wolfcubs said...

Great plan, mom-student! I'm looking forward to hearing about your naturalist garden and bred recipes! :)
Lee

Dana Leeds said...

I love your list of things to do! I think I need to write down some goals, too. Thanks for sharing!

Willa said...

I love your organization systems! Having a goal list is a good idea. I agree that goals don't usually change; they just get carried over or built upon.

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful goals.

I hope you have a great school year.

Stacy

Unknown said...

Impressive goals and impressive work toward those goals!

I may adopt a couple of your personal goals myself...

I do the same red-faced thing when I get upset or mad - regardless. I am an extremely pale (original but now processed) blond with blue eyes. EVERYTHING makes me red-faced and it drives me nuts!

I hope that in spite of the adversity and challenges that you are enjoying this new season in your life.

Dana Leeds said...

What a lot of progress! You have to set goals to accomplish them, and you are a wonderful example. Enjoy your 2 weeks off!

Daughter of Zion said...

It's nice to know there are other working, homeschooling moms. Keep up the great work! FYI - I'm a Dave Ramsey follower as well and I just finished paying off a very old credit card debt! My fiance and I have a goal to pay off both of our houses in 10 years. It's doable too!