Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Monday, August 30, 2010

8 Days and Counting

Counting down to our cruise to the Western Caribbean, including stops at Grand Cayman, Isla Roatan, Belize and Cozumel from the port of Miami. This will be the first time I've left the country, although not my first vacation. It is my first vacation not attached to another event unless you count the time I drove down to St. Augustine for the weekend with a girlfriend. We did the tourist thing, IMAX, Ripley's Believe it or Not Museum, etc. We did drive a convertible Mustang that weekend, which was a blast.

How unbelievably boring I've been. A world of possibilities and I've allowed myself to stay in a cocoon of familiarity. Last year when I met Michael, I decided it was time to live. To make some changes and I realized the ONLY way I was going to do something different was to DO something different. I wanted to leave the U.S. by my 35th birthday. I'm 33. I booked a cruise a year in advance. An entire year in advance. We didn't know if we'd work out and the tickets were non-refundable, non-transferable. It was a risk and now 8 days away from our departure, I'm so glad I risked it.

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

The kids are loving school, I think that's about to change because Camille has a log for just about every subject. A reading log, math skills log, exercise log and I'm sure a science/observation log is coming. Danny brought home Freddy the Reading Frog (thankfully a stuffed animal and not a live frog) for the night. We read a story to Freddy and Danny tried to write about his time with Freddy in Freddy's journal. Danny picked The Frog and Toad Treasury to read to Freddy. (How cute)

Freddy the Reading Frog has beans in him, like a bean bag. I wonder how washable he is...Michael HAD to tell me that Freddy would be full of germs in no time after visiting all the kids' homes. Yes, just what I WANTED to hear as Danny is hugging Freddy to his face.

Monday today was not a MUHNday, it went pretty fast actually. I'm on the other side now, looking forward to our upcoming adventure. I just have a ton to do between now and then...happy Monday!

Photobucket

 

No comments: